8.13.2010

The First Step

i listened as he spoke, his one and only,

drinking from the rain,
my headphones shuffle; while,
reading about his 'missed connection' on Evergreen.
The train is empty.
It feels to hot for underwear.

i look at my watch and my smile gravitates....

Today is Friday the 13th.
i feel lucky.

A piece of paper is ripped from my rhymebook.
My pen says:

i really hope things workout for you today. i believe in you and i know you can do anything that you set your heart on. You're that type of special. i have been rejected before and I'm sure you have too. Don't let it bother you, life move's on, and you have to take it at your own pace. Sometimes i can't figure you out and i like that. On the day's when you are thinking clearly you're a positive influence. It's true...i am a better person with you in my life.

If the red one's make you fly and the blue one's make you fall...
i know you will always be there no matter which direction i go in.

Watching you over the years, I'm more hopeful and curious as to how things turn out more than ever. i cover my eyes when you go to that dark place and your teardrops express themselves yet i don't judge you. You're always honest, forever changing, and forever searching. i, too, have a soft spot for colorful flowers, genuine hearts, first impressions and adorable smiles.

You read my mind when you said, "i think finding that 'one' person and loving them deeply and fully with all of your heart defines sexy." Then you took a risk and stood up for what you believe in. i admire your bravery. You know, i was thinking in another world, maybe even in another life, we each could be exactly half of a perfect person.

'Good morning' sent us imaginations for days like these.
Forget being everything that you are not.
For every problem there is a solution.
Live before you die....

The train stops moving, i look up and I'm at the Merchandise Mart. It's my stop. i fold the piece of paper containing all the things i have reminded myself today and leave it behind on my seat....

"A good deed is never lost: he who sows courtesy reaps friendship; and he who plants kindness gathers love."
-Basil

2 comments:

  1. this, is really so lovely.
    wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, "too hot for underwear" made me smile.

    ReplyDelete