7.17.2009

Underground Sounds.

Intelligence is the flower of discrimination....

There are many examples of the flower blooming but not bearing fruit."
- Nabeshima Naoshige (1538-1618)

I am abandoned in the world, not in the sense that I might remain abandoned and passive in a hostile universe like a board floating on the water, but rather in the sense that I find myself suddenly alone and without help, engaged in a world for which I bear the whole respnsibility without being able, whatever I do, to tear myself away from this responsibility for an instant. For I am responsible for my very desire of fleeing responsibility.”
- Jean-Paul Sartre

"There is not a country in world history in which racism has been more important, for so long a time, as the United States.”
-(Howard Zinn, 23, People’s History of the United States.)

p.s. the greatest History book ever written

"My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular."
- Adlai E. Stevenson Jr

"Independence is the recognition of the fact that yours is the responsibilty of judgement and nothing can help you escape it – that no substitute can do your thinking, as no pinch-hitter can live your life – that is the vilest form of self-abasement and self-destruction is subordination of your mind to the mind of another, the acceptence of an authority over your brain, the acceptence of his assertions as facts, his say-so as truth, his edicts as middle-man between your consciousness and existence."
-Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged


All my problems mean nothing in the end....
So I'll rely on my pain to become my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment