4.14.2011

being in love. (i cross my heart 2)

So here i was. Me and my oldest red hoodie and my most knowing pair of gray Nikes. Learning that life is OK and love is more than just a poem.

For so many nights it was just my stolen paint brush, lonely fears, blank pages and water-color tears.

Days changed; Spring faded and Summer came.
And i gave it all a way...

For a fresh life, a new chance, words that said, "nothing can come between us."

i would for you.

Your eyes changed, your hands were warmer inside mine, and soon enough, i was your one and only,
but one thing was forever timeless:

The beauty i saw in that first smile is still the same.

And i think to myself
it was all worth it,

The rough drafts, empty glass, the long daydreams and never ending prayers.

i would for you.

From my view,
i knew from week 2,
our lives were 'tangled' in a way in which happiness is drawn to a lonely heart.

I'm not a movie star, from a famous family, or drive a fancy car
and i may never be perfect nor the person you thought you would meet...

but here i am with my pen as a guitar, making my case like a present day George Strait, using this blank page as my only stage;

Softly singing you romance.

i would for you.

i would for you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment