10.08.2010

Chicago (Blue)

This morning, like every Friday morning, i walked out of my apartment building, hopeful to start my day and thrilled the end of week has finally arrived. 

The weekends have always sparked triumph yet the older i get the more rewarding they seem.

On my four block walk to the purple line station...

i soak in fresh air with the joy of an alcoholic tasting his first sip of wine for the day. Who am i to judge? Who is anyone to judge???

Summer is leaving and Autumn is ready to speak in a colorful language so beautiful it's a shame her stay is so short. Soon enough, Ms. Chicago, will be Ms. Snow White, and we will all freeze. i am thankful that is for another day - instead we can enjoy today for what it's worth.

The thing i love about the morning: is how quiet the concrete is...

You can actually feel the sound of our own steps and gather your thoughts in peace...in the hopes for prosperity. i understand this may mean nothing to some, my words may bore you, everything isn't pretty just like everything isn't ugly. Besides who am i to judge?

i wore the same jeans yesterday, they are my favorite pair because they're comfortable, i will probably even wear them one more time before i wash them. i always wonder if other people do that too or if they wash their jeans every time they wear them? Maybe I'm just gross, but they still smell good and most importantly, they are comfortable.

Feeling in my pockets i pull out a folded piece of paper and read it out loud as i walk:
 
The Things i Have an Answer for - 112

My imagination is pretty creative so maybe it is just me, but it always seems after Wednesday's the stranger's faces i pass: glow just a little brighter and smile just a tiny bit longer.

The possibilities always seem more possible when people take off their mask's and be true to themselves. It becomes contagious.

i dared to reveal myself and in return...

The sun peaked her head above a cloud and winked. 

Whispering softly, she says: "Shine. Follow my lead today." 

Maybe i didn't see her wink and maybe i didn't hear her whisper. 

i can't always believe what i see and what i hear. Sometimes i have to just believe in what i feel....

ps. Keep following your heart.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE reading what you write. Really good and thoughtful :) And I went to Chicago once, in December and it was amazing :D Definitely different from Alabama haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Maybe i didn't see her wink and maybe i didn't hear her whisper. i can't always believe what i see and what i hear. Sometimes i have to just believe in what i feel...."


    Your words always brighten my day :) Thanks for sharing, your blog will always remain a favourite of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, it's very creative and also encouraging.

    ReplyDelete