8.12.2009

Midnight's Victory (Watercolors)

I watched in awe as nights arrival slowly spilled across the blue clouded sky.

The transition from the darkest blue to the lightest made it seem as if part of daylight wanted to linger throughout the rest of the evening, or at least make an impressionable farewell.

As I witnessed the procession of this event, I felt a sudden rush of violent wind brushing against my body, then pushing upon impact.

I accepted Mother Nature’s force of anger, never once taking my eyes off of such a magnificent display of beauty, as night diverged, conquering all in its path, engulfing all which have submitted to its victory.

I gave praise to the nobility of the sunsets willingness to fight and stand its ground. But in the end, darkness had prevailed, leaving day with the only option of parting in its final blaze of glory....

No comments:

Post a Comment